A new travel authorization may be required in any of the following circumstances:
- The traveler is issued a new passport
- The traveler changes their name
- The traveler changes their gender
- The traveler s country of citizenship changes; or
- The circumstances underlying the traveler s previous responses to any of the ESTA application questions requiring a "yes" or "no" response have changed.
Travel authorization approvals will typically be granted for a period of two years or until the applicant s passport expires, whichever is sooner. ESTA will provide validity dates upon approval of the application. Therefore, a traveler must apply for a new travel authorization when a prior ESTA authorization or an applicant s passport expires. The associated fee will be charged for each new application submitted.